Tuesday, March 17, 2009

They Say, I Say "Don't Blame the Eater" (Morasa S.)

David Zinczenko's article on his opinion about children suing fast-food companies took me by surprise and completely changed my outlook on the much debated issue. I particularly enjoyed his introduction to his argument by taking the opposing side first and stating what the opposite argument would say to defend their case. His article was then built from the contrasting opinion which made it a very strong and persuasive piece. Another factor that took me by surprise was how easily I was persuaded to agree with Zinczenko's opinion on the matter. When I hear about this particular argument, I am usually very quick to say that people should take responsibility for what they eat. Nevertheless, I was able to see that some children do not always have the option to have meals prepared for them at home as well as the fast-food industries lack of informing consumers of calorie intake on it's products. The article was well-supported with factual evidence using statistics and easy to understand numbers. With these claims and factors, I particularly enjoyed this article and am very swayed in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment