Friday, January 30, 2009

Gym Dilemma

I carried my day on as I normally would by going to my classes and finishing off the afternoon by going to the gym. I was fairly upset only to see that the track has been closed due to constructive maintenance. This meant that I would have to run on the treadmill by the weight room. For some reason, I find there to be a significant difference between running on the treadmill and running on a track. I realized I did not have much of a choice if I wanted to run for that day since it was very cold outside. I decided to run on the treadmill and ran a mile longer than I normally would. In addition to my increased time, I also felt more pain in my knees and had a painful experience on the treadmill. After thirty minutes of suffering on the treadmill, I headed back upstairs to the track to get on the bike. To my surprise and anger, the track maintenance had finished construction only several minutes after I had left downstairs. I feel as though an announcement should have been made so I would have not made my knees go through unnecessary pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment